Thursday, February 16, 2023

All In 13

 It is so tempting to think much of ourselves or to feel inadequate as we compare ourselves to those we think are successful. But I’m finding that more I realize how much our Father loves me, I want to love Him more and listen to what He is saying to me. I think that is what CS Lewis meant by “True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less.”  If I’m trying to do more for God, I’m really wanting to promote myself and my record. If I’m trying to obey what I know from God, I’m surrendering my illusions of being important to glorifying Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 9

 Do you find it hard to describe yourself as a clay pot?  I used to believe in the statement: “When life gets tough, the tough get tougher!’...