Sunday, February 26, 2023

all In 22

 Food brings people together. It certainly motivates teenagers and there is something about talking together at meal time that is a deep dive into what is happening in each other’s lives. It takes effort to be creative with questions to get a conversation to go deeper  - but friendship build and families bond at mealtime. Some my best conversations at school were times when we ate together at lunchtime. One of our most rewarding times with our grandkids have been one on one supper dates with them. 

This reminds me of 

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

Eating together is symbolic of opening the door to a person’s life, opening the door to Christ’s knock on our life’s doorway. He loves us and wants to interact with us. Just as He is intentional with us, so should we be intentional with those He brings into our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...