Monday, February 20, 2023

Change 2/23

Taking the first few steps to make a change is often difficult. But each step into the unknown and unusual difference leads to the habitual. God’s Word is living and active as we walk in the Spirit of God. Trying to make changes without the Spirit’s leading will ne short lived because our self efforts are rooted in pride. I’ve attempted many times to make a change without the Spirit’s leading, which ends in being disappointed with myself. I want to walk in the Spirit of God, not in my flesh, in humility, not pride. How are you feeling the tension between the Spirit’s leading vs prideful self effort?

“As we grow in the knowledge of God's holiness, even though we are growing in the practice of holiness, it seems the gap between our knowledge and our practice always gets wider. This is the Holy Spirit's way of drawing us to more and more holiness.” - Jerry Bridges, The Practice of Godliness / The Pursuit of Holiness / The Pursuit of Holiness, Bible Study

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...