Monday, February 27, 2023

Hope 2/28

When I was younger, I had been around several who believes that we should not be a ‘name it and claim it’ Christian. I think they meant that we should not flip through the Bible and find a promise or a statement then make life changing decisions based on the one statement. We can easily take a verse out of context and make decisions that change our life path. There is great merit in that thinking but at the same time there are promises and statements that provide great security and confidence in who we are as Christ followers. Three of my favorites are 

The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. --Psm 34:18

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. --Isaiah 26:3


    the LORD appeared to him from far away.

    I have loved you with an everlasting love;

        therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you. Jeremiah 31/3


“If we are to trust God, we must learn to see that He is continuously at work in every aspect and every moment of our lives.” - Jerry Bridges, Trusting God

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...