Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Hope 2/6

Why are so many discouraged and disappointed in their lives? Why have a lot of us lost our joy for living? Rather than praising and worshiping God through the storm, many have thrown in the towel, given up on hope, living in survival mode. My grandfather used to say “God helps those who helps themselves.” Yet he seemed to be disappointed with a lot of things in life. I certainly hope that I come across with more hope in what I do and say that I grew up with. No one will notice if I’m lukewarm in in my life but they will remember my negative crabbiness or the joy that I hope shines through.

“This life is not righteousness but growth in righteousness, not health but healing, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not yet what we shall be, but we are growing toward it; the process is not yet finished but it is going on; This is not the end but it is the road; all does not yet gleam in glory but all is being purified.” - David A. Powlison, How Does Sanctification Work


No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 12

 What are you longing for, more than other things?  For me, the list is long and changes, depending on what is happening at the time. In a c...