Friday, February 3, 2023

Truth 2/7

Is there a formula that results in blessing?  I’ve often doubted the mentality of a one size fits mentality to spiritual blessing. But as Allistair Begg says, the formula that James gives is straightforward: Hearing plus doing equals blessing. Knowing information, hearing it with no action may be a waste of time. He says, ‘Knowledge should lead to action, and the blessing is directly related to Spirit-empowered doing.’ This principle is very sobering in that I have often missed the point of reading and listening. I hope that I minimize the entertainment mentality of our culture and surrender to what He desires in my life.

“Faith’s enduring and alert dependency on the Lord is one of the Spirit’s finest fruits. And you bear that fruit only when you have lived through something hard.” - David A. Powlison, God's Grace in Your Suffering

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 12

 What are you longing for, more than other things?  For me, the list is long and changes, depending on what is happening at the time. In a c...