Thursday, March 2, 2023

All In 26

 Having an ‘all in’ heart for Jesus used to be a scary idea for me. I wondered what I’d need to give up; how I would change. Would I be considered an oddball?  What would others think?  But I’m finding that the more we know God, we are in awe of Him. Can a true Christ follower be half way in for Jesus? The option to not be all in allows our heart, mind, and emotions to be more vulnerable to temptations and the lies of what is evil.  Waiting for a crisis to someday be all in or thinking that I’ve got plenty of time to be all in is not following Jesus.  The more we know Him the more we discover that He is all in for us. His Heart longs for us because He loves us far more than we imagine. 

After the risen Jesus talked with the hikers on the road to Emmaus, Luke 24:32

They said to each other, “Did not our hearts burn within us while he talked to us on the road, while he opened to us the Scriptures?”

Isn’t their reaction awesome?  May our hearts be on fire as we walk on our journey each day! I so appreciate your heart, Nick! Your desire to follow Christ fires me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...