Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Chosen 3/24

Our circumstances may be full of comfort this week, but they can easily turn to be the most difficult time of our life. Regardless, He is with us. How can we know that God is with us? How can we be reassured that our pain is temporary? Just like the servants at the wedding, we can take steps of trust even though we are in a state of lament, confusion or disappointment. It’s been my experience over and over, that my Father has been intimately close, despite the darkest of times. When our son and daughter in law lost their new born son, their attending physician prayed with us in the room. Our son said, “This is the closest we will get to Heaven in this life.” The presence of our Father was overwhelming even though we were in pain


Quote:

“O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, the Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this.” - A.W. Tozer, The Pursuit of God:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 286

 Have you ever felt like a stranger in a crowd of people you knew?  I’ve experienced those feelings more than once. Being a foreigner, an ex...