Friday, March 31, 2023

Hearing God 9

 I’m guilty of seeking quick fixes to complex and simple problems  I’d like to find an answer quickly but that rarely happens. Shooting up a prayer request without acknowledging our Father as the One who needs to be glorified has been my mistake multiple times.  Searching for a verse to justify a hunch is not wisdom thinking.    

Philippians 1:9-11 contains so much!  True knowledge and His wisdom has a foundation - love for our Father regardless of circumstances.  Knowing His love is the glue that holds us in stability, trusting our Father for everything. My panic, anxiety and wavering attitude are calmed down as I learn / relearn that my life is about praising and glorifying Him, not myself  


[9] And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, [10] so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, [11] filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...