Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Hope 3/9

 Going through hard things filters out what we thought were hopes and dreams. I once was arrogant to think no bad sufferings would happen to my kids. I’m not sure why I thought in that way, because I do not go along with a health and wealth theology but I was thinking along the same lines. We live in tension with a sinful broken world an we have our sin nature to deal with. Perfection and loving suffering free will come eventually but our hope is in His grace which is supplied in the moment of need. 

“But suffering does not automatically bring glory to God and blessing to God’s people. Some believers have fainted and fallen in times of trial and have brought shame to the name of Christ. It is only when we depend on the grace of God that we can glorify God in times of suffering.” - Warren W. Wiersbe, Be Hopeful

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 9

 Do you find it hard to describe yourself as a clay pot?  I used to believe in the statement: “When life gets tough, the tough get tougher!’...