Saturday, March 18, 2023

Renovation 10

 My circadian rhythm must be set in stone. It’s difficult for me to skip breakfast and not wake up in the night at 3:00. My body system is a slow reactor to stress - I’m not fight or flight , but perhaps passively a slow boil. The longer the stress goes on, I’ve got walk away. I often wake up at 5:35 or 6:05. I’ve become a creature of habit. I’m hoping that reading scripture will become so ingrained that I’ll have no problems with recall. How created each of us with unique ways to handle life. It’s obvious when we get to know kids - each comes wired with different circuitry, all in His image. As we dive deep into His love for us, we can understand ourselves better, knowing that He even knows the number of hairs we have at any give moment. He knows everything about us and what we face each day. 

“Until we have seen ourselves as God see us, we are not likely to be much disturbed over conditions around us as long as they do not get so far out of hand as to threaten our comfortable way of life. We have learned to live with unholiness and have come to look upon it as the natural and expected thing.” - A.W. Tozer, The Knowledge of the Holy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 14

 We tend to think education. science, government or medicine will solve the world’s problems. But it seems that when some progress is being ...