Thursday, March 9, 2023

Renovation 2

 I like Dallas Willard’s definition of the heart - “The human heart, will, or spirit is the executive center of a human life. The heart is where decisions and choices are made for the whole person. That is its function.” Making decisions with wisdom seems to be a growth process, developing patterns of thinking that that are consistent over time. Infusing our minds with God’s word is far more than information, but if we can seriously reflect practical applications into our way of thinking, our entire being will change. If I’m tempted to pursue rabbit trails, especially sinful images or thought, I’m distracted more than I want to admit. Reflecting, much like we are doing in this devotional, writing out our prayers, investing time into contemplative prayers, even though short, each help develop the inner life of practicing His presence. Asking for wisdom, running to our Father with everything, loving others more than we thought possible, and asking God to lead us into relationships where He wants us to participate in a discipleship way, bring an anticipation that is hard to contain. I feel like I’ve got a long way to go but feel good that I’ve made progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 282

 Tests and trials are difficult to understand, and hard to endure. Paul could have been angry and bitter that he was in prison but he used h...