Friday, March 10, 2023

Renovation 3

 I’m learning / relearning how much I’m plagued by the sin to be self sufficient and independent. The sin of “I’ve got my ticket to heaven” and  don’t have to be concerned about my heart’s renovation is continually being revealed. I ran across this excerpt from Dietrich Bonhoeffer:  “Your sin wants to be alone with you.” If you can be isolated with your sin, believing that you and God can handle it alone, you will easy prey. Event spirituality and process spirituality are a partnership. We need jolts of joy to spur us on, that is the event. But daily process, reading, studying, praying, memorizing, a life submerged in obedience in the ordinary grind is where it manifests itself with such power that you feel God’s presence.“. 

We need each other as brothers, as travel partners on our journey of transformation. We need to be desperate for Him, not distanced, discouraged or disappointed. He is with us, Nick!  He will NEVER leave us or forsake us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 282

 Tests and trials are difficult to understand, and hard to endure. Paul could have been angry and bitter that he was in prison but he used h...