Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Grace in the gray 2

 I’m wondering if God is teaching me (in some very personal ways) how to think Biblically, not so much what to think. Following Christ is changing the way I think, feel and act, toward God, others, and myself. The following jumped out in today’s reading: “ God even calls His chosen people Israel, which means “wrestles with God.” Maybe healthy relationships with God and people are built not on reluctant compliance but on a mutual trust that makes space for us to vent and work through it all.”  Working out my faith is a process that takes reflection, evaluation and a recalibrating. Like the reading said, if God remained mute or didn’t respond to anything, I could just go on like I have, becoming more if I have been - which may not be the best way to honor Him or best for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...