Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Why Pray 4/29

 

Perhaps my past praying has been so weak because I didn’t want to change who I was on the inside.  My pride has kept me from praying deeply and specifically.  A friend recently told me, “I believe God can move mountains, and I should pray that way.  But God can also prepare my feet to climb over that mountain, and I also need to pray for that strength.”  May we deepen our praying, that we may be changes more, transformed into the likeness of Jesus.

Everything you do is connected to who you are as a person and, in turn, creates the person you are becoming. Everything you do affects those you love. All of life is covenant.
Imbedded in the idea of prayer is a richly textured view of the world where all of life is organized around invisible bonds or covenants that knit us together. Instead of a fixed world, we live in our Father's world, a world built for divine relationships between people where, because of the Good News, tragedies become comedies and hope is born.” - Paul E. Miller, A Praying Life: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...