Saturday, April 29, 2023

Grace in the Gray 5

 I do not like conflict at all. I would rather keep my distance from quarrelsome negative people but that is nearly impossible. I recently spent a day with a relative by marriage who seems to take great pride in provoking a reaction on any number of issues. I was not enthused about being with him and prayed that God would give me a peace that would override my emotional reaction to his comments. His grace came through and I did not say anything back to his negativity. My emotions remained calm when usually I’d rather walk away or be inflamed on the inside. I’m not sure I was kind, but I didn’t retaliate. I need to ask for His grace to generate kindness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...