Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Hearing God 14

I’ve experienced the teaching summarized in today’s reading….,,”we no longer need the miraculous inspiration of the Spirit among men as in former days”. But this is a degree of blindness. . . . In denying the present inspiration of the Holy Spirit, we have made Scripture the province of the letter-learned scribe”

By denying the power and presence of the Holy Spirit, I’d be setting myself as a Pharisee and judge of everyone else, abusing and distorting the Bible’s teaching for my own arrogance or selfish gain. The presence of the Spirit is to draw us to Him, loving Him with all that is within us.  His presence is in the here and now, just as He was in the past, giving us the greatest hope ever for handling the present with eternal investments. 

“There is a world of difference between knowing something to be true in your head and experiencing the reality in your life.” - Henry T. Blackaby, Experiencing God

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 280

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...