Friday, April 14, 2023

Hope 4/16

 There are days when it is difficult to quiet my emotions. I get obsessed with a negative event or what could further happen. Anxiety and disappointment can run deep. But God’s word is so blatantly honest. There are many laments and complaints along with questions that do not seem to be directly answered. Waiting for an audible voice from Jesus probably will not happen, requiring a deeper maturity on my part. My childish temper tantrums ankut what is not fair are heard, yet He wants me trust Him and live Him even in the silence. God knows every detail of what is going on and He is not surprised by anything. I cannot see the big picture of what is happening but He can. 

“We are settling for a Christianity that revolves around catering to ourselves when the central message of Christianity is actually about abandoning ourselves.” - David Platt, Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...