Saturday, April 22, 2023

Hope 4/25

I often think I’m suffering from amnesia!  I depend on myself to figure out solutions, feel victimized by circumstances, or get frustrated with people that I think should know better.  I forget who I am in Christ and do not think about the ripple effect of sin. Life is not perfect just because I say that I believe in what the Bible says. I often fail to take hold of the treasure I’ve been given, the Savior of the world who is transforming me to depend on Him, not myself or the false idols of power, prestige, or possessions.

“No matter if you are experiencing fears, gut wrenching pain and loss or  thundering beauty, adventure, and joy... I pray you will be ambushed by the presence of Jesus today and be awakened to a greater fullness of your calling in this world and the world to come. 2 Cor. 4:7 “But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves; we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed.”  - Michael Sprague

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...