Saturday, April 22, 2023

Hope 4/24

 It doesn’t take long to jot down a list of topics with uncertain outcomes. Anxiety can take over my thoughts at a rapid pace when I do not dwell on our Creator’s presence and His knowledge of every detail. Uncertainty requires hope and faith  the opposite is disillusionment and discouragement. Rather than feeling victimized by uncertainty or unfairness, I want to train myself to walk toward Hope. Scripture and the Holy Spirit’s power enable me to do just that, even though the uncertainty remains. 

“Hope waits but does not sit. It strains with eager anticipation to see what may be coming on the horizon. Hope does not pacify; it does not make us docile and mediocre. Instead, it draws us to greater risk and perseverance.” - 

Dan Allender

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...