Friday, April 28, 2023

Who I am 6

Growing up I felt that I could never measure up to my parents’ expectations nor my own standards that I thought were so important. But as I’ve grown in my faith, I’ve learned that God loves me despite what I think or what the majority might be doing or saying. Christ has helped me conquer many of my fears but there are always new issues that arise. I’m praying the same for you, Neil, that you get it settled in your heart that you give it your all to be the man Jesus is calling to be. I’m rereading Bob Goff’s book “Undistracted”. He stares in chapter 6: “ The only script God has for us is Jesus. He doesn’t care about your alma mater or who you voted for or what your position is on the big topic of the day. He doesn’t care what’s in your bank account or whether you lead from in front or behind at a church. He doesn’t even care if you work at Disneyland. His only measuring stick for you is His Son, whom He loves.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...