Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Why Pray 4/28

 Spurgeon’s comment is very sobering:  “He who prays without fervency does not pray at all. We cannot commune with God, who is a consuming fire, if there is no fire in our prayers.” I’m guilty of half hearted praying, not pleasing, not in anguish. I’ve often prayed with a transactional perspective - if God answers or doesn’t, I’ll be ok with whatever. But today’s verses do not teach a casual attitude in praying at all. I need to step my up my praying to a whole new level, being vulnerable with my weakness but courageously asking

“God also cheers when we come to him with our wobbling, unsteady prayers. Jesus does not say, “Come to me, all you who have learned how to concentrate in prayer, whose minds no longer wander, and I will give you rest.” - Paul Miller, A Praying Life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...