Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Bitterness 3

 I’m not sure that I’ve ever shed tears out of bitterness. I’ve been plenty angry and confused enough to break down crying, not knowing what to do. I’ve had plenty of experience stuffing my feelings, pretending to most everyone that nothing was wrong. But it’s very difficult to wear a stone face mask for long until those who truly care know something is wrong. Confessing the hurt and anger, talking it out, writing in a journal definitely breaks the self absorbed misery. Healing can begin when the hurt is out in the open, at least with those we can trust. It may not be wise to be a tell everything to everyone person, because some hearers may not understand the full scope of the hurt. 

“The one who conceals his sins will not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them will find mercy.”

‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭28‬:‭13‬ ‭CSB‬‬

Concealing mistakes, hurts, anger, and being victimized only adds to the trauma, preventing us from flourishing and growing. I’m praying that you see progress in letting go of some of the hurt, and begin to experience renewal in your resilience. 

“When you feel overwhelmed, remember this: people are sacred, created in the image of God. Systems are not. They are only worth the people in them and the people they serve. And people are to be treated, whether one or many, the way Jesus Christ treated people.” - Diane Langberg, Redeeming Power

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...