Thursday, May 18, 2023

Boldness 7 - 5/20

 I’m very guilty to not pray for those that seem so lost and hardened. But time and again, Gid has shown how my negligence and resistance was wrong. God is in pursuit of each person and every knee will bow before Him. I need to remove my mental barriers, my prejudice toward those I’ve viewed as hopeless. I’m not the Judge or Justifier. I’m not in charge of anyone other than my own perspective and my response to the Spirit’s leading. If I’m looking for the Kingdom, I need to overcome my limited view of what He I doing. 

“In a very specific way, God was establishing this essential truth: He is willing to do what is necessary to bring sinful people into His presence. Since His people were (and still are!) unruly, He had to provide a sacrifice for their sinfulness, allowing them to approach Him based on the actions of another. And each sacrifice pointed beyond itself to the perfect sacrifice that Christ would offer by His death on the cross, dealing with sin once and for all. As a result, we can enjoy utter confidence before God.” - Alistair Begg, Truth for Life - Volume 1: 365 Daily Devotions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 8

 One quality that most children and teens have in common is a clear sense of what is fair and what is not. Being treated with respect and di...