Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Kingdom Come 7

 Discipline as a word has a negative connotation, similar to getting up early to lift weights, or trying to lose weights. When I think of discipline, I associate it with guilt that I’m not good enough, or I’ll never measure up. But Dallas Willard talks a lot about reframing the idea of discipline to a rhythm is daily life, practicing what is like to happen. I’d like to have a close intimate relationship with God, but if I don’t practice it, I must not want it bad enough. Scripture teaches that if I want to find God, I must search for Him with my whole heart.  If I want to search for the kingdom and His righteousness, is better practice looking. 

Truth from @SusieLarson: Be responsive when the Holy Spirit speaks to you about your life, your habits, & your default settings. Jesus has something precious & profound to teach you in this season; something you could acquire in no other way. So listen to Him. Do what He says.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 280

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...