Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Boldness 6 - 5/19

 The story of Naaman is one of my favorite drama filled stories. It’s filled with all kinds of twists and turns from a variety of characters. Naaman thought he had it all but was too proud to immediately humble himself. The same could often be said if you and me as we face life’s challenges. I’m often unwilling to surrender to our Lord, the ultimate commander and chief. Until I’ve exhausted my self oriented solutions, only to be discouraged, so I realize again and again that I need to be humbled into submission. 

“How many times we must relearn the lesson that God is the only unfailing One. He is the only One who is true to His Word on every occasion. “Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God” (Psalm 20:7).” - Alistair Begg, The Hand of God: Finding His Care in All Circumstances

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 280

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...