Thursday, May 18, 2023

Palms Up - Palms Down

 TWO TRUTHS ABOUT US


#1       On our worst day we are not beyond the grace of God.

#2       On our best day, we are not beyond the need for the grace of God.

Years ago, I learned something the Quakers do - a posture to help  frame prayers. I call it “Palms Down, Palms Up”. It is just like it sounds. You literally pray with your hands Down and your hands Up. 

Begin with hands down symbolizing letting go of things: stress, worry, jealousy, fear, a relationship, anger, an agenda, sin. Next, turn your hands over and thus Up saying: I am ready to receive - grace, help, comfort, strength and our daily bread. Give space and time for God to restore your soul.

PALMS DOWN…Empty your heavy backpack. PALMS UP … Be the recipient of HIS GRACE. 

P.S. Make sure you don’t pick the stuff up when finished

Michael Sprague

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...