Sunday, May 7, 2023

Restart 4

 I like what was said today:  God is not intimidated by our issues. There are no surprises to Him because He can see all that has happened to us. He knows we are living in a broken world with sinners and that we have a strong desire to strike back or to run away. 

Having watched the Chosen series, this came to life in the example of Mary Magdalene. Her broken past did not scare Jesus from reaching out to her multiple times. I was moved by the statement; “Unforgiveness is like drinking poison and expecting it to affect the person you refuse to forgive. The only person it hurts is you.”  Maybe you and I aren’t ready to forgive that person but we can move to the point where we let them go. That person no longer controls me.  At the same time, there are people in our lives who have learned to love unconditionally because of Jesus. They are genuine, not perfect, but they are authentic. I want to drink the living water He provides, not the same old stale stinking stuff I’ve craved from my past. I cannot do it in my own, by my own fleshly effort. I need to live by the Spirit. 

The fatal flaw of human wisdom is that it promises that you can change your relationships without needing to change yourself.  Every painful thing we experience in relationships is meant to remind us of our need for God. And every good thing we experience is meant to be a metaphor of what we can only find in Him.... We settle for the satisfaction of human relationships when they were meant to point us to the perfect relational satisfaction found only with God.” - Paul David Tripp


Greg Laurie:  There will never be another you. Not if the world went on spinning for another million years. God has a special plan and destiny for your life, and no one else in the universe can fulfill that plan. Whatever you have gone through in your life as a Christian is preparation for what is still ahead. God is preparing you for your life on this planet, and for eternity to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 12

 What are you longing for, more than other things?  For me, the list is long and changes, depending on what is happening at the time. In a c...