Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Context 4

 I used to think of the Bible as a rule book, making me feel guilty and ashamed for not measuring up. But I’ve learned that those standards were community and family expectations, resulting in the idea that I had to fit into that culture more than following Christ. Professing Christian standards and beliefs may be a good thing but if I’m not listening to Him or surrendering my life to Him everyday, how can be following Him. I’m discovering more joy and peace by allowing the Spirit to move in my life, and not worry about what everyone thinks. Living for the audience of One is freedom from the rules that could hold us back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...