Thursday, June 8, 2023

Proverbs 3-6/11

 How many stories do we read in the news that describe foolish thinking or behavior?  Our unwise living, divisiveness, and negativity are evidence that we need a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. If the gospel isn’t the answer to the world’s problems, there is no answer. The Proverbs show us there is a better way to live, giving evidence that Jesus is the ultimate source of Wisdom. Committing ourselves to be intentional and disciplined to acquire wisdom is out of respect for the awe we have toward our Creator. How many problems could I have avoided if I would have had wise thinking?  How many solutions could I have had I would have been disciplined in searching for wisdom?

“True wisdom is not a set of principles but a supernatural person. And we receive this wisdom not simply through acts of the will but through the transformation of our heart and desires by worshiping him.” - Timothy and Kathy Keller, God’s Wisdom for Navigating Life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 281

 Like Nicky I do mtg like to get rid my old clothes. As a metaphor, my old way of doing life has Ben being passive aggressive at times, hold...