Monday, June 26, 2023

Psalm 5-6/27

 What keeps you from sleeping at night?  My worry list at times keeps me from experiencing rest but I also get distracted by trivial pursuits. But the more I pursue His kingdom, looking and anticipating Him showing me Himself, the trivia disappears. Pursuing Him is discovering His love that transcends the chaos of today, helping me find purpose when life seems out of control. 

“To be loved but not known is comforting but superficial. To be known and not loved is our greatest fear. But to be fully known and truly loved is, well, a lot like being loved by God. It is what we need more than anything. It liberates us from pretense, humbles us out of our self-righteousness, and fortifies us for any difficulty life can throw at us.” - Timothy Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...