Thursday, June 1, 2023

Romans 13

 Knowing what the right thing to do is one thing but what is my motive?  Am I trying to elevate myself to look good, and Pat myself on the back?  Am I trying to be on the right side of an issue, joining the ranks of the crowd regardless of their motive or behavior?  It seems like there a variety of ways to be right and do right. Right is right and wrong is wrong - yes that is a valid statement. But am I living my life with Christ like character, honoring Him because I love Him?  Is my passion to be all in for the right reasons?  I have a lot to learn. 

“Jesus' harshest words in the gospels were consistently aimed at religious leaders who focused on everyone's exterior behavior but never looked on the interior of their own hearts & the systems of hurt they perpetuated.“ - Rich Villodas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...