Monday, August 7, 2023

Warrior 2

 I’ve been reading “God Is Not Like That” (I’ve got a copy for you) which talks about our growing up family’s influence on the way we view our Father. My Dad seems distant and angry in life, as well as my grandfathers. My brother and I decided a long time ago that we would not raise our families like that. Even so, I’ve viewed God as distant and angry for a long stretch of my life. I’m learning more and more that He is compassionate, patient, and loving. His wrath will be unleashed at some point for the rebellion against His love, but His amazing love through Christ cannot be denied. The Spirit’s residence in our hearts brings us an intimate grace filled relationship to Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 23-12

 Our weakness and inadequacies show us that we need His strength. The chaos and trauma of this world cannot be handled by ourselves. How can...