Sunday, September 10, 2023

Churchy complaints

 Colossians 3:12-13

[12] Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, [13] bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.

When do you decide that you’ve tried enough?  Do you voice complaints or just let them go and move on?  I think I’ve quit trying but have stayed, as Arnie Cole says. Should I stay and try again?  It takes two people to reconcile and restore, but when there is no recognition of changing one thing, how can you feel encouraged?  If there is no acceptance of opinion, how can anything change. I know I’ve come across too strong at times. It hurts to be called arrogant and divisive, but the truth hurts. I have been prideful regarding my attempts to teach, disciple, or study. I’ve arrogantly compares myself to others. 

I’m weary of being margjnilized as a public school person. The trend to home school and hunker down in fear is okay for some but not me. I want to be an engaged Christ follower who disciples others to be disciple makers. Where there is no vision for disciple making, there will be no disciple making. Being loyal to what was does not move a group to what will be. A lack of attention to the details of caring for attendees does not make a caring atmosphere. When I have to remind someone repeatedly to text or call as a follow up with only the response of calling me, I get weary of trying to make it all happen. Trying to stimulate Bible reading and communication only comes across as platform building for myself. Being accused of pride, arrogance division, and trouble making is not healthy for a group to develop stronger relationships. 

Philippians 2:14-15

[14] Do all things without grumbling or disputing, [15] that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,

Surrendering to the King means breaking loose of the kingdoms I thought were o important. Such kingdoms include thinking that my opinion is important, my viewpoint about what church is all about. If we cannot agree within the church group, and the group is busy building its own kingdom as I’m driven to the King, what do I do?  One strategy of tbe evil one is to discourage and divide. If I’m accused of being a force of division and a trouble maker, I need to find like minded Christ followers seeking to disciple others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...