Saturday, September 9, 2023

Psalm 23 -1

 When I was growing up we had sheep, which were so annoying. They often found holes in the fence, wandering off. They took a lot of care to remain healthy and they were so vulnerable to coyotes. They would often injure themselves and some were a whole lot less intelligent than others. I wonder what would happen if every church taught their attendees the theology of sheep: 1) how much we need a shepherd; 2) how often we tend to wander, get ourselves in trouble, and hurt ourselves. God is THE Provider in our modern world and we are not any smarter than sheep, despite our technology, nuclear weapons and health care.  Developing listening skills for the Shepherd’s voice is so needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...