Sunday, October 8, 2023

Bolder 6

 Suffering produces an awareness of our desperation. We cannot solve or fix what we cannot control. A miracle is needed. Divine intervention is the only solution. I’ve often dismissed the possibility of His working, thinking I’m not worth His time or His awareness of my desperation. Being bold in my praying seems like an audacious perspective. I’ve often thought that God just wants me to suck it up, grit it out. That may be what He wants as being in under His instruction to trust Him. He Amy May be saying, “Do you trust me in this?”  But He May be wanting me to be bolder in my praying. 

Prayer is not an emotion, not a sincere desire; prayer is the most stupendous effort of the will. “Let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which will pass all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” The power of the peace of God will enable you to steer your course in the mix-up of ordinary life.


Get into the habit of saying, “Speak, Lord,” and life will become a romance. Every time circumstances press, say, “Speak, Lord,” and make time to listen. Chastening is more than a means of discipline, it is meant to get me to the place of saying, “Speak, Lord.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...