Friday, November 24, 2023

Brandon Lake 4

Gratitude seems to be the best antidote to what gets me in a turmoil. When I’m falling into a negative mindset, when I cannot explain the crisis of the moment, when I’m listening to someone’s trauma, or when I’m experiencing the best of times, talking it out with our Father is the best rhythm to have. His presence is closer than our next breath, and He knows exactly what is happening.  Our finite minds are not ready to handle the eternal just yet, so we must place our trust is our Creator. I’m learning and relearning that my level of gratitude is built on my grasp of how much He loves me. 

“Celebrate God’s goodness. “Rejoice in the Lord always”. Ask God for help. “Let your requests be made known to God”. Leave your concerns with him. “With thanksgiving…”. Meditate on good things. “Think about the things that are good and worthy of praise”. Celebrate. Ask. Leave. Meditate. C.A.L.M.” - Max Lucado, Anxious for Nothing: Finding Calm in a Chaotic World

‭‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭5‬:‭16‬-‭18‬ ‭CSB‬‬

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 12

 What are you longing for, more than other things?  For me, the list is long and changes, depending on what is happening at the time. In a c...