Monday, November 13, 2023

Gratitude 1

 Every day is a new challenge to live in gratitude or with negativity. Part of my ungrateful mess is living in fear of what could be, dreading the next worse case scenario. Another part is comparing myself to others who seem to have it all, or who seem to have life figured out better than me. Comparison will not make the gratitude equation, if there were such a thing. But Scripture repeats over and over to not fear because He is with us. His love is immeasurable and personal. With those two rules of life, I can relax in gratitude. I hope this devotional series reminds you and me to develop a rhythm of thankfulness in our lives. 

“A counselor, David Seamands, summed up his career this way:       Many years ago I was driven to the conclusion that the two major causes of most emotional problems among evangelical Christians are these: the failure to understand, receive, and live out God’s unconditional grace and forgiveness; and the failure to give out that unconditional love, forgiveness, and grace to other people. . . . We read, we hear, we believe a good theology of grace. But that’s not the way we live. The good news of the Gospel of grace has not penetrated the level of our emotions.” - Philip Yancey, What's So Amazing About Grace?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 281

 Like Nicky I do mtg like to get rid my old clothes. As a metaphor, my old way of doing life has Ben being passive aggressive at times, hold...