Saturday, December 16, 2023

Born a King 1

 What word or phrase describes your view of Christmas?  What would your family say?  How about your neighbors, friends, co-workers and acquaintances?  How would they describe our Christmas perspective just by observing us? Would words like, “religious, anxious, working too much, too busy” be on the list?  I’m certainly guilty of watering down the magnificent and awesome message of Christmas by my distractions and pre-occupations. May we filter out all the fluff and worship deeply. 

“If you had to summarize the Christmas story with one word, what word would you choose? Do you have a word in mind? Maybe you’re thinking that it’s just not possible to summarize the greatest story ever with one word. But I think you can. I wonder if you thought, “I know the word: grace.” But the single word that captures God’s response to sin even better than the word grace is not a theological word; it is a name. That name is Jesus. God’s response wasn’t a thing. It wasn’t the establishment of an institution. It wasn’t a process of intervention. It wasn’t some new divine program. In his infinite wisdom God knew that the only thing that could rescue us from ourselves and repair the horrendous damage that sin had done to the world was not a thing at all. It was a person, his Son, the Lord Jesus.” - Paul David Tripp, Come, Let Us Adore Him: A Daily Advent Devotional

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 280

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...