Thursday, January 11, 2024

Bible 1-13

 Todays reading is a great reminder that God loves to work with and through flawed people. The Bible is full of stories that depict messed up individuals who learn that God is in charge. My self sufficiency and independence often lead me into pride, thinking that I know more than the next guy, or make me more insensitive and uncaring than I want. I’m learning to look and listen to what God is saying, where He is working, so that I can participate and honor Him. If I try to come up with some project, praying half heartedly for Him to bless it, it’s up to me to make it all work. But what God is doing, He will finish it, inviting me to join or be a part of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...