Monday, January 1, 2024

Defeating anxiety 7

 We live in a culture of constant distraction. I’m guilty of attention deficit with our Father more than I care to admit. I’m prone to compare myself to the next guy, thinking I’m far better than I am, or to the reverse, I’ll never measure up. Pride and comparison sins run rampant, tempting us, disappointing and discouraging us. But disciplining ourselves to find a rhythm of worship and prayer will surrender my will tk His authority. 

“The voices of shame and rejection can come at us, but they don’t have to reside in us. 

God says we are loved. 

God says we are chosen. 

God says we're forever His. 

And His is the voice we must choose to believe.God sees things we can’t see. He knows things we don’t know. And only He knows what the good plan is & what it will take to get us there.  Let’s fix our eyes on Jesus, choose to believe that God’s plans really are the best plans and remind our hearts we can trust Him at all times.” - Lysa TerKeurst

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 8

 One quality that most children and teens have in common is a clear sense of what is fair and what is not. Being treated with respect and di...