Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Defeating Anxiety 8

 Maintaining the energy level I had in October and November seems harder during January and February. Old commitments to the tasks i enjoyed now seem tarnished, lacking excitement. But today’s devotional is a huge reminder of God’s love and faithfulness. I like the Message translation of ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11‬:‭28‬-‭30‬ -

“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”

“The Holy Spirit is alive in you. He gives you peace. He cautions you. He comforts, corrects, and directs you. He imparts wisdom and knowledge you’d never otherwise possess. Even now, your Good Shepherd goes before you and clears the path for you. He’s got your back to deliver you. He intends for you to gain wisdom, authority, and credibility where you’ve experienced loss, heartbreak, and messages that distort His love. Train yourself in the truth that sets you free.” - Susie Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...