Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Defeating Anxiety 9

 Anxiety situations and circumstances are unavoidable. We live in a broken world divided by forces and factors beyond our control. The few things we can control are related to our response to the events in our lives. Number I g our complaints leads to a grim bitterness that undermines our purpose and meaning. Each event can train us to rely upon the reality of our Father’s mercy and grace. He has promised to NEVER leave us. He is the light in a darkness that guides us step by step. My worrying will do nothing but distract me from His love. 

This verse is a call, not to a feeling, but to a decision and a deeply rooted confidence that God exists, that he is in control, and that he is good.” - Max Lucado, Anxious for Nothing: Finding Calm in a Chaotic World

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...