Thursday, January 25, 2024

Gentle 3

 What prevents us from approaching our Father with more requests and burdens?  For me, I’m far too independent and self sufficient, thinking I can fix a problem on my own. Other times, I think God is too busy with other issues than mine and I don’t want to be the whiner and complainer. Others have issues more important than mine. In addition, I can be so distracted by anything that I fail to approach our Great God. All the while, I’m neglecting how patient, living, and all knowing He is. If only I would grasp how much He wants to be a part of my life, how great He is, approaching Him would be a natural rhythm each day. 

If we never come to him, we will experience a judgment so fierce it will be like a double-edged sword coming out of his mouth at us (Rev. 1:16; 2:12; 19:15, 21). If we do come to him, as fierce as his lion-like judgment would have been against us, so deep will be his lamb-like tenderness for us (cf. Rev. 5:5–6; Isa. 40:10–11). We will be enveloped in one or the other. To no one will Jesus be neutral.” - Dane C. Ortlund, Gentle and Lowly: The Heart of Christ for Sinners and Sufferers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...