Wednesday, January 10, 2024

New Yesr 6

 Our entire perspective on life is built on our view of God. What we think about God says everything about us. If I’m grumbling and complaining about my what if… list, I’m probably doubting what God is doing or about to do. When I’m grateful for His provision, protection and wisdom tk make decisions, I’m more at rest. As the Message version of our verse today states, my password for the day is “Thank You.”  

There is no mystery with God. He is never caught off guard. He never wonders how he is going to deal with the unexpected thing. I love the words of Daniel 2:22: “He knows what is in the darkness, and light dwells with him.” God is with you in your moments of darkness because he will never leave you. But your darkness isn’t dark to him. Your mysteries aren’t mysterious to him. Your surprises don’t surprise him. He understands all the things that confuse you.” - Paul David Tripp, New Morning Mercies: A Daily Gospel Devotional

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 23-12

 Our weakness and inadequacies show us that we need His strength. The chaos and trauma of this world cannot be handled by ourselves. How can...