Thursday, January 18, 2024

Wisdom 4

 As I read today’s devotional, I thought of the He Rees wandering in the wilderness for 40 years eating mana. They could not gather up too much or bank it in the bread box because it would turn moldy over night. God gives us the grace we need each day to meet the challenges of the day. Each day is a new day with His mercy and grace provides for the here and now. Simply following the rules or trying to measure up to what we expect of ourselves doesn’t work. 

There are two ways to live the Christian life. You can live it either for the heart of Christ or from the heart of Christ.” - Dane C. Ortlund, Gentle and Lowly: The Heart of Christ for Sinners and Sufferers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...