Sunday, February 4, 2024

Bible 36

 I wonder how many words we each speak to ourselves silently. No one talks to us like we talk to ourselves nor do we talk to anyone as much as we talk to ourselves. I often rehearse my fears and anxieties over and over, building a sense of dread. But the more I rehearse what God has said in Scripture, or the more I have a song stuck in my memory, or even a good podcast, I am more likely to distance myself from the anxieties. As Nicky implies, my long term view of what God will do influences my short term decisions. God will take care of all injustice and unfairness. My role is to trust Him for the outcome, make every attempt to be a positive influence, and appreciate all that God is doing in my life. I do not want to use empty words like Job’s friends nor just go through the motions of connecting with others.  Gratitude, despite any negative situations, is the key to living each day. 

Blake, I am so grateful for you and the love you have always demonstrated to me. I can’t say that enough and want to make up any lost time through our daily connection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 280

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...