Monday, February 5, 2024

Gentle 14

 I wonder how many times I’ve glosses over the statement of truth:  ‘God is rich in mercy’. I’ve hid my private arrogance from Him, thinking that I can handle issues and solve problems far too complex for my weak abilities. How many factors are beyond my control yet I have an illusion that I can fix them. The reality of my need for His mercy and grace drives me to my knees in worship. 

So with Christ. We cling to him, to be sure. But our grip is that of a two-year-old amid the stormy waves of life. His sure grasp never falters. Psalm 63:8 expresses the double-sided truth: “My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me”.

Jesus Christ is closer to you today than he was to the sinners and sufferers he spoke with and touched in his earthly ministry. Through his Spirit, Christ’s own heart envelops his people with an embrace nearer and tighter than any physical embrace could ever achieve. His actions on earth in a body reflected his heart; the same heart now acts in the same ways toward us, for we are now his body.” - Dane C. Ortlund, Gentle and Lowly: The Heart of Christ for Sinners and Sufferers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 280

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...