Thursday, February 1, 2024

Gentle 11

 What is it like to have a friend who is approachable, always available at any moment, and who responds with open arms, fully accepting of what we are going through?  I used to think Jesus stood far away, difficult to talk to. I was resistant to approach Him because I thought I’d never measure up. But I’m learning how He lives us beyond our wildest imagination. 

Gentle and lowly.” This, according to his own testimony, is Christ’s very heart. This is who he is. Tender. Open. Welcoming. Accommodating. Understanding. Willing. If we are asked to say only one thing about who Jesus is, we would be honoring Jesus’s own teaching if our answer is, gentle and lowly.” - Dane C. Ortlund, Gentle and Lowly: The Heart of Christ for Sinners and Sufferers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...