Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Renovation 1

 How have we been discipled by tradition and culture so much that we become blind to the truth of Scripture?  I used to think that as long as I had my ticket for Heaven, I didn’t need to be concerned about a lot of issues in my life. As long as I believed the right stuff, I was good enough. But I’ve been learning and relearning that following Jesus involves every decision I make.  Being transformed is a life long process of change, not being conformed to fit into cultural expectations. It involves how I talk to myself and how I relate to others. I’m learning over and over how flawed I am and how I need a Savior every song day of my life. 

We don't believe something by merely saying we believe it, or even when we believe that we believe it. We believe something when we act as if it were true.” - Dallas Willard, Renovation of the Heart: Putting On the Character of Christ


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 280

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...